- maintaining all government compliance of federal and state laws and preparing required documentation;
- providing insightful input and strategic participation with management in the development of competitive benefits programs for all classifications of employees;
- administering the salary administration program for the University’s non-bargaining employees; and
- conducting and developing programs to educate and orient employees on aspects of employee benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years of experience working with benefits vendors administering benefits programs, preferably in a higher ed or similar environment
- Background managing compensation programs for both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Ability to set priorities, work independently and set initiatives
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Should have an orientation for both global analysis of impact of benefits and compensation changes and ability to manage details
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Relevant advance degree and/or HR (SHRM) certificate
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 387 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants