Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Senior Associate Director for Residential Learning, oversee the creation and support of living-learning communities. Provide strategic direction and leadership campus-wide for the development, implementation, continuous improvement, and sunsetting of all living-learning programs on campus.
- Provide support and training for residence hall staff to successfully implement and sustain residential learning communities.
- Establish strong relationships with participating academic units and other academic support and student affairs services.
- Effectively communicate goals/services of the living-learning community program and make oral presentations.
- Increase the number of successful academic or theme-based housing options.
- Develop and implement annual plans for each residential learning community
- Work collaboratively with other housing staff to plan for successful integration of learning communities within the program.
- Collect and report retention, learning outcomes, and satisfaction data as it relates to residential learning communities.
- Work with other staff to develop successful marketing of learning communities.
- Provide appropriate feedback regarding individual effectiveness to participating Housing and Residence Life personnel.
- Work collaboratively to develop goals and outcomes for each residential learning community.
- Coordinate the mid-term deficiency with residence hall staff members.
- Integrate the Residential Curriculum into the educational plans of each living learning community
- Utilize a framework of equity and justice in all aspects of their day-to-day work. Promote equity through the (1) identification and removal of barriers, (2) cultivate an inclusive work environments, and (3) empowerment of people.
- Participate in Housing and Residence Life weekly duty rotation.
- Participate in the overall planning for the department. Represent the department on various university committees or task forces.
- Provide annual written reports on activities related to residential learning communities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.