The University of Oklahoma's Talent Acquisition office is seeking a customer-focused professional to provide high-level service to support hiring department in attracting, assessing and hiring preeminent talent by implementing and leveraging best practice and recruiting strategiew. this role is critical in developing and implementing postive experiences for our campus partners, candidates and new hires.
As the Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist you will drive positive results by partnering with departments to develop posting strategies that support recruitment processes. This position will Plan, organize, and provide guidance to the complete day-to-day operations of posting and recruitment. Provides quality service and support for the end-to-end employment lifecycle.
- Supports talent acquisition specialists and their relationships with key business partners.
- Works closely to align team progress to the overall strategic objectives.
- Creates and implements world-class, global staffing processes and business strategies to achieve an annual hiring plan that emphasizes scale, quality, and speed of hires.
- Nurtures relationships with senior members of the business.
- Promotes Diversity and Inclusion programs in recruitment.
- Leads and inspire dedicated talent acquisition specialists to deliver outstanding results while effectively communicating the critical dimensions of the staffing strategy and updating the staffing status.
- Designs and supports professional development plans, helping recruiters/talent acquisition specialists grow in their competence, and gain new skills.
- Takes on requisitions as needed.
- Sources candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline
- Screens candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications and performs phone screenings as requested.
- Promotes the company's reputation and attractiveness s a good employment opportunity.
- Participates in as many first and second round interviews as possible.
- Stays abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.Helps identify and cultivate relationships with recruiting vendors.
- Collaborates closely with internal partners such as IT, Training, HR, and Payroll to improve processes and ensure a smooth on-boarding process.
- Provides strategic consulting to departments as needed.
- Conducts regular 1:1 meeting with team to discuss their goal attainment and coach, mentor, and train new hires.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
- 60 months progressive experience in Recruiting, Human Resources, or related field, including 12 months of process improvement.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 108 months of related experience.
Excellent active listening skills with hiring managers, other constituents, and team to comprehend the business needs and functions of the different campus departments
Ability to think strategically by combining an understanding of the business needs with best practices in recruiting to devise a plan of action
Knowledge of best practice and legal requirements for end-to -end recruiting
Comfortable with conducting mentoring and training for team and campus constituents
Commitment to understanding and addressing barriers impacting underrepresented candidates
Strong analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trend
Adept at influencing through strong relationships, expertise, and data
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships; an ability to identify and galvanize a complex web of relationships and dependencies to holistically solve problems and seize opportunities.
Highly organized and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
Strong initiative to solve problems
Ability to be diplomatic, composed, and proactive in varied interactions
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Use of a computer and telephone
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions
- Communicate effectively and listen
- Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods.
- Requires contact with the general public, staff, and other departments.
- Professional certification
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.