OU Office of Admissions & Recruitment (OAR) works to bring in the next generation of Sooners. Our team operates from Norman as well as across the state, nation and world. We provide support to incoming domestic and international freshman and transfer students as they navigate the college application and decision process. Additionally, we partner with parents, counselors, and communities in providing resources to students interested in higher education. Our goal is to build a vibrant, inclusive community on campus by recruiting students with diverse backgrounds, educational experiences, and involvement.
We're currently looking for a new team member in our Norman office to serve as an International Admissions Counselor. The International Admissions Counselor has two primary objectives within a team environment: undergraduate international recruitment/outreach planning and implementation, and the processing of international admissions/credentials. Included in this work is heavy involvement in the marketing of the University of Oklahoma to prospective non-US citizens and other important constituencies such as their parents as well as high school counselors and officials, among others. Travel abroad typically is a component of the position (when travel can resume), and incorporating current OU students and alumni in our outreach efforts is important to contribute to increased international undergraduate enrollments, the stated goal of our team.
We need someone who exhibits:
Integrity: Accountability for doing the right thing by exercising good judgment and honesty. Ability to create a safe environment for students and families and team members, including having emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Transparency and thoughtfulness in communication.
Care: Prioritization of creating the best experience possible for each person we encounter and at every step of the student experience. Providing service to others by being friendly, approachable and inclusive. Commitment to collaboration and to being a team player with a positive attitude. Inclusivity, which is the ability to work with a diverse group of people and having the ability to relate and be relatable to all those we serve.
Intentionality: Strong work ethic and contribution to the excellence of the Division of Enrollment Management, OAR and OU; self-motivation. Consistency in meeting deadlines and responding in a timely manner.
Innovation: Possession of a natural curiosity to learn and a continual pursuit of personal and professional growth in the field of college enrollment management. A focus on innovation, displaying an understanding of positive change and possessing a strong analytic ability. Efficiency by researching best practices, making creativity a priority.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree
- 24 months experience recruiting students for college programs, student services, or other closely related experience.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months of related experience in lieu of the Bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months of related experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Valid driver's license
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time doing work on a computer and via the telephone. Must be able to pull, push, lift, engage in repetitive motions, communicate, including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others; see, including color, depth perception and clarity; and hear, including receiving detailed information orally.
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in international admissions/recruitment preferred
- Knowledge of OU
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.