Student Helper will develop new genetically encoded voltage indicators towards enabling the dissection of neural connections. The applicant will be expected to develop novel molecular tools using molecular biology and imaging methods. Student Helper should have basic expertise with molecular biology and with visualizing protein 3D structure.
- Provides research support.
- Clones novel indicators.
- Creates mutant libraries.
- Transfects libraries in mammalian cells.
- Evaluates the resulting constructs.
- Communicates research results.
- Prepares weekly reports of research progress for the Principal Investigator.
- Discusses research results in group meetings.
- High School or College Student (undergraduate or graduate).
- No experience required.
- Pursuing a college degree in Bioengineering or related discipline.
- Basic molecular biology skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.