This position will oversee the Office of Student Life Welcome Week efforts, the Summer Bridge Program, and the Excellence in Leadership program. It includes the opportunity to directly supervise a Graduate Assistant.
As part of the Student Life team, successful candidates will work collaboratively with their colleagues to support the learning, growth and development of students through student engagement while promoting students' sense of belonging.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination of the Cardinal Leadership and Service Seminar (C.L.A.S.S.). Develop program curriculum and itineraries for C.L.A.S.S. Mentors and Mentees. Recruit, select, and train C.L.A.S.S. Mentors and Mentees. Partner with campus stakeholders to promote summer bridge programs and plan joint summer bridge program events including: speakers and evening activities.
- Directly oversee the coordination of Welcome Week, collaborate with campus partners and student organizations to fulfill programming needs for new incoming students.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the Dr. Kay Bales Excellence in Leadership programs. Coordinate the Beneficence Leadership Conference. Organize weekly class sessions, workshop series’, retreats, recognition events, orientation meetings, etc. Select, contract, and evaluate speakers for the Excellence in Leadership Speaker Series.
- Co-coordinate the Leadership Minor, provide advising to students in the minor, and serve as the liaison to the Department of Educational Leadership. Serve as instructor of record for EIL affiliated EDHI courses (102, 202, 302, 401, and 402); develop syllabi that support course outcomes and curriculum, grade assignments, submit final grades, and maintain academic integrity of program.
- Support and co-advise Ball State’s Dance Marathon organization. Co-advise executive board members and assist with planning and implementation of the programming.
- Manage annual scholarship and/or recognition award processes, including the Hiatt-Wickham and other student leadership scholarships.
- Identify learning outcomes, plan and implement program evaluations, track and analyze participation data, and work with campus stakeholders to ensure University, Division of Student Affairs, and Office of Student Life strategic plans, goals, and outcomes are advanced.
- Provide support in preparing annual budget requests, monitor and approve expenditures, and adhere to all university business protocols and practices. Advise and assist student organizations in the development and review of budgets.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, developing and maintaining outstanding relationships that promote student engagement, community building and leadership development. Provide leadership programs when requested by members of the university community.
- Represent the Office of Student Life, the Division of Student Affairs, and student organizations on committees, task forces, special initiatives, working groups and professional associations. Serve as a presenter and participant in Cardinal Preview Days, Admissions Receptions, Admitted Student Day, Summer Bridge Programs, Orientation, and other events as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.