Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize security emergencies and notify appropriate personnel; request assistance from university police during fire, medical or weather emergencies; maintain security system and alarms; check doors and lock or unlock as necessary.
- Recognize facility emergencies and notify appropriate personnel; provide surveillance of the lounge areas; conduct rounds in and out of the building.
- Serve students at the desk as necessary; forward mail to past students and Residence Counselors; straighten office; wipe down counters; verify that checked out keys have been returned.
- Maintain surveillance of security cameras; submit work orders for card swipe/door problems.
- Dispense medication; update medication records.
- Maintain files; copy and file materials; answer phone and provide information; receive and forward messages community wide; update student records; dispense incident forms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.