OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Learn more about our benefits here.
Coordinates and executes rheumatology research projects. Performs nursing duties in a rheumatology research clinic setting including research and data management, patient care, sample collection and processing, and medication administration. Tasks require a high level of organizational skills and the ability to ask the right questions to determine proper course of action while following established standards and research protocols.
1. Clinical Trials. Conducts research and assists researchers by recruiting patients, determining eligibility for clinical trials, and seeing patients through research studies including obtaining informed consent, administering questionnaires, taking medical histories, study drug administration, assessing and reporting adverse events, and performing all study related tasks as outlined in study protocols and in adherence with GCP, ICH, and HIPAA regulations.
2. Chart Review. Performs medical chart review to abstract data for research including but not limited to constructing medical history and medications chronology, evaluating disease progression, and mapping symptom and biomarker associations.
3. Communication. Liaises between principal investigator, patients, third party patient care service providers, research sponsors, and governing agencies to ensure strict adherence to protocol and regulations throughout study conduct. Excellent written and oral communications required.
4. Patient Care. Assesses and records symptoms, vital signs, and other patient information required for research protocols and to prepare patient for examination. Review records for documentation of study inclusion/exclusion criteria. Carries out physician orders for testing and treatment and coordinates follow-up care of patients.
5. Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, saliva, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records. Excellent phlebotomy skills required.
6. Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or other medical personnel, administers FDA approved and investigational medications to patients. IV certification preferred.
7. Data Management. Gathers, organizes, analyzes, and submits patient and research data to principal investigators, scientists, and sponsors. Computer skills required.
8. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Completion of an accredited practical nursing program Experience: 12 months nursing experience Certifications/ Licenses: Certification and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1481/clinical-research-nurse/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.jeid-b37aa20e2dbe994cad65ebdffefc3564