OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF's excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Relocation assistance available for those located 50 miles outside of Oklahoma City metro and out of state. Learn more about our benefits here.
1. Performs basic animal care functions including daily health observations and cage changing.
2. Operates equipment including autoclaves, mechanical washers, bedding dispenser, fogger, department SOP's.
3. Perform daily maintenance requirements of equipment as per SOP's and notify supervisor of any equipment malfunctions.
4. Sanitize all areas of facility per department SOP's.
5. Maintain quality control records.
6. Observe SOP's for traffic flow within facility to prevent cross-contamination.
7. Assist with monitoring facility environment, notify supervisor of any problems detected.
8. Receive and store incoming supplies; maintain storage room.
9. Performs cleaning, sanitization, and preparation of caging and accessories by processing dirty and cleaning cages and equipment for a variety of laboratory animal species in a timely manner.
10. All duties are to be carried out in accordance with all regulatory bodies (USDA, AAALAC, PHS, etc.) and department SOP's.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with AAALAC Accreditation of animal facilities.
4. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Confidentiality of research needs.
5. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
6. Delivers service that exceeds expectations by problem solving with customers when appropriate, maintains a clean and safe working environment.
High school diploma (or GED). Must have effective communication skills and good attention to detail. Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions, work independently as well as with others, display industriousness, conscientiousness and dependability. The ability to be flexible and adjust to changing conditions/requirements is essential.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1485/animal-care-technician/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.jeid-76fc35966b9a3449b743bb734ac73069