The University of Oklahoma seeks applicants to fill three (3) tenure-track faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor in the Hudson College of Public Health (OUHSC campus) with secondary appointments in the Dodge College of Arts and Sciences (Norman campus).
These 12 month positions will build the Bachelor of Public Health and BA and BS programs in Population and Community Health. Teaching responsibilities will generally include 3 courses per year on the Norman and OUHSC campuses with the potential for teaching in the MPH. These positions will be expected to conduct research in one or more fields relevant to the Department’s mission. The salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- Direct Supervisor: Department Chair
- FTE: 100%
- Appointment Type: Tenure Track
- Title/Rank: Assistant Professor (12 month appointment)
- Primary Location: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Secondary Location: Norman, Oklahoma
- Teach and mentor students at the undergraduate level in the Bachelor of Public Health and BA and BS programs in Population and Community Health program
- Employ innovative teaching and learning techniques that engage students in the use of technology, hands-on experience, and problem solving through in-person, hybrid, online and community-based learning experiences
- Perform independent study, research, in one or more fields relevant to the Department’s mission
- Develop relationships with local and regional community leaders in the public and non-profit sectors for the purpose of applied research projects
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community, including curriculum assessment, strategic planning, and the development of new programs (e.g., the planned accelerated Masters of Public Health program)
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or other appropriate University authority
- Ph.D. or equivalent (e.g., DrPH) in a Public Health field (e.g., Epidemiology, Health Promotion Sciences, Biostatistics, Health Administration) or related field (e.g., Economics, Politics, or Sociology of Health, Medical Anthropology, etc.)
Preferences (Not Required)
- Demonstrated experience in the Public Health field, and record of excellence in teaching and research.
Please apply through Interfolio