About City of Hope
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. Our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
Join our team at 1913 Restaurant and Bar! Open 7 days/week 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., we serve our patients, staff, and the general public. This is a day shift Lead Cook role with weekend coverage and flexibility to cover occasional evening shifts required. The Lead Cook has a variety of responsibilities and a typical day could include coaching staff, prepping, filleting, cooking on the line, sauteing, and braising. Learn more about the restaurant and team here.For immediate consideration or questions contact our recruiter, Jake Baird[email protected]
The Lead Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. This individual, under the leadership of on-site management and/or supervisors, will coordinate the activities of workers and/or service employees.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Be responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by management. Maintain key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Assist in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Work with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Perform day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision duties.
- Be responsible for orientation and training of employees. Take an interest and initiative in the development of the foodservice team.
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all City of Hope and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Receive inventory and move/lift foodstuffs and supplies.
Your qualifications should include:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 5 years or more of related work experience.
- Valid ServeSafe Certificate
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $21.35 - $25.62 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.